Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Genuine Kindness...

I was thinking the other day, how a wonderful story about Martyne was not logged here as it happened during our rainy season - December before I became a blogger. Well here is the story as it was told to me by Martyne, the generous daughter we raised.

"Mom, I have something to tell you. You know that kind of expensive Clipper ski jacket you guys bought me? Well, I gave it away. Wait mom, before you get upset I had a good reason to give it away. See, there was this mom and little girl going through a trash can near USC at the shopping center. They were picking recyclables - during the heavy rain! Mom, wait. You see I couldn't resist from stopping as the little girl couldn't be any older than Jordan and she was picking cans & bottles IN THE RAIN! They were both soaked and the girl had nothing more than a few shirts on. Mom, I couldn't but give her my jacket - it was the only jacket I had in my car and the look on her face was priceless. At first the mom said no but I insisted in my best spanish that it was to keep her daughter dry and warm. They accepted the jacket and the happiness in their eyes was payment enough - payment I was not even looking for. The feeling it gave me was a feeling of new heights! Mom thanks, thanks for understanding and thanks to you & dad for teaching me to be ME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment